More interesting RFA this summer Sport-rated
Free agents even more restricted
Sportsnet’s Luke Fox lists more top RFAs heading into summer 2023: Fox writes that it is time to look towards July 1, 2023.
NHL Rumors: More NHL UFA This Summer
NHL Rumors: More NHL RFA This Summer
Here’s a look at six more free agents after Jesper Brat, thymus meier, Alex De Brincatand Pierre-Luc Dubois
- vince dunn – The 2019 Stanley Cup champion is improving defensively in only his third season. Dunn is the Kraken’s main offensive defender and is showing what he can do when he’s healthy. He is looking for a raise from his current $4 million per season when he signs long-term. Although the parties discussed a new contract, nothing is likely to get serious until the summer.
- K’Andre Miller – Rangers face salary cap as NHL Rumors.com wrote in Monday’s column analyzing this summer’s top UFAs. The expectation is that Miller gets a long-term deal like that. jacob troba other adam fox did. Money probably won’t be similar, but GM chris drury he has options with Miller. Save now on a bridging deal or sign on to Miller for the long haul in the hopes that your AAV will look like a bargain in the future.
- trevor zegras – Zegras is one of the young stars that the NHL is marketing. He will definitely get a raise from the $925,000 he makes now. The tendency is to skip the bridge like other players have done. Especially if the player is a fundamental piece like Zegras. The Ducks have the salary-cap flexibility to give Zegras a fair deal.
- Evan Bouchard – This right-handed puck-moving defender has seen a bigger role in the power play with tyson barrie being traded to Nashville. Although his game has been a bit off, the arrival of mattias ekholm he has taken the defensive pressure off Bouchard. With the Oilers against the salary cap, Bouchard is probably getting a bridging contract.
- Ilya Samsonov — Samsonov was not rated by the Capitals and signed a one-year trial trading deal with the Maple Leafs at an AAV of $1.8 million. At times this season, Samsonov has led the charge with matt murray injured. Samsonov and the Maple Leafs are content to let the season play out and see where things are in the offseason.
- Filip Quitil – The Rangers have multiple RFA. Besides Miller and Alexis Lafreniere, the center of the Chytil children’s line also needs a new contract. Chytil has arbitration rights and could see a raise of $4 million per season. The Rangers have so many players that they need contracts. But Chytil is an important piece for Kid Line. chytil could look dylan cozensThe new deal as a starting point. Drury could put it back together as well, but risks losing it to the open market in two years.